Hawai'i News Now and the Hawai'i Energy Policy Forum are partnering to produce and broadcast:
Hawai'i: The State of Clean Energy
Our Energy - Our Future
We return in Season 3 with a special show to look forward, back, and to assess where we are. Are we closer to clean energy than when we first tackled the subject? Are we better off or not, and what is next for our clean energy future?
“How Far Have We Come? How Does the Future Look and What is Next?” - During the past two years we covered a lot of issues together. We want to see how we are doing on these projects. Hawaii has come a long way in incorporating renewable, clean energy into the state's energy resource mix. We'll hear representatives from government, industry, the university, and the community who will give us their assessment on our progress. What are the costs of electricity and the overall potential for generating electricity from renewables? How will we handle the surge of PV installations and how shall we finance them to lower consumer bills? And what about transportation? Are we making progress in this sector that is one of the biggest consumers of fossil fuel?
- 1/14 6:30-7 pm, 2/8 6-6:30 pm, 3/7 6:30-7 pm
- 1/26 9:30- 10 pm, 2/1 6-630 pm, 3/7 6:30-7 pm
Take a Quick Survey:
Note: Submission will redirect you to site homepage.
Mahalo for your input.
More Information about Hawai'i's Energy
- Kauai Island Utility Cooperative
- Hawaiian Electric Company
- State Energy Office/DBEDT Publications Facts & Figures
- HECO Starts New Policy on PV Purchases
- Hawaii Energy - Energy Facts & Figures
- Hawaiian Electric Sept 2013 announcement regarding PV installation process
- Hawaiian Electric solar distributive generation map
- Why Hawaii Just Became An Even Better Market for Solar Forbes Magazine